Elephant notes is available for mac , windows and linux.
The Best notes manager
How to install the elephant editor in linux
1. Download the elephant app according to your Operating system
2. After Downloading , open terminal and type command to run elephant app
java -jar elephant.jar
3. Select the path where you want to save your notes
4. If you want to use it as cloud computing
Follow these setups
https://www.dropbox.com/install OR 32-bit: cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86" | tar xzf - 64-bit: cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86_64" | tar xzf -
Next, run the Dropbox daemon from the newly created .dropbox-dist folder.
After installing You will get the Dropbox directory in /home/username/Dropbox
Now the change the elephant Directory to the Dropdox Diectory
Your cloud services are ready.
Advantage Elephant notes
1. Easy to use
2. runs in java environment
4. Provides search in keyword for filename as well as in notes text.
5. very friendly UI